Sunday, January 11, 2009

A funny thing happened...

A funny thing happened yesterday, so I thought I'd share it even thought I haven't finished telling about my vacation yet.

I went to Malmö to visit my Finnish friend. She used to live very near us, but now she lives in Belgium. She came early for a business trip to Copenhagen, and on her way to visit other friends, she had a few hours to kill in Malmö. It was great to see her again, but that's not what was so funny.

On my way to town, I dropped my daughter off at a friend's house to play. As I left the house, I considered running back to tell my husband again where and when to pick her up. I'd told him earlier, but was once enough? Was he really listening? I had my doubts, but I was running late, and I figured he'd call if he didn't remember.

About ten minutes after the designated pick up time, he did call. Where was he supposed to get her? The funny thing was that I heard people laughing in the background. He'd gone to the wrong friend's house! He'd knocked on the door, and the parents there let him in, and they'd talked for about ten minutes, then the conversation went something like this.

Friend's dad: So how's your family?
Husband: Um... Isn't my daughter here?
Friend's dad: No...

That's when he called me. Luckily he was just around the corner from the correct friend's house.

No comments: