Friday, April 23, 2010

Easter Recap

This spring we all got colds: first my daughter, then my husband, then me. Then we all got a gastro-intestinal bug: first my husband, then my daughter, then me. Just in time for Easter, my husband was sick as a dog. We'd planned on celebrating Easter with our friends in Denmark, but he spent the weekend moaning on the sofa and watching several seasons of The West Wing. So I dyed eggs with my daughter (one of our favorite traditions) and drove the two of us to Denmark.

The kids had a great time with an American style egg hunt (72 small plastic eggs filled with candy and stickers).

Later that weekend we had a Swedish style egg hunt which involved a series of clues leading to one large egg full of candy. In Sweden the Easter bunny is a hare which is very appropriate here. This time of year, before the grass grows tall enough to hide them, the field is full of hares.

No comments: