Saturday, November 1, 2008

Random Questions

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." Joseph Campbell

Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your Friends.

Rather than forwarding this on to my friends, I’ve decided to post this on my blog. I would like to encourage my friends with blogs to do the same.


1. What time did you get up this morning?

It’s Saturday. My daughter let me sleep until 7:20 when she woke me up to point out that there were deer in the field.

2. Diamonds or pearls?

It depends on the occasion, but in general I’m pretty low maintenance when it comes to jewelry.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?

It’s been so long that I have to strain my brain to remember. I think it was Curious George with my daughter, fall 2006 in San Diego.

4. What is your favorite TV show?

Probably The West Wing, though Ally McBeal, MASH, and ER are also favorites.

5. What do you usually have for breakfast?

Cereal with milk. On weekends often oatmeal, cream of wheat, or waffles.

6. What is your middle name?

Patricia

7. What food do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the list is pretty long. It includes anything pickled (including herring), organs, tentacles, feet, things that are really slimy, and most fresh fruit.

8. What is your favorite CD at moment?

I have several: Mika, Life in Cartoon Motion; The Dixie Chicks, Taking the Long Way; Anastacia, Pieces of a Dream; Crosby, Stills, & Nash, Greatest Hits; Beethoven Symphonies 5 & 7.

9. What kind of car do you drive?

1998 BMW 3 series station wagon

10. Favorite sandwich?

Salami and Brie on a baguette

11. What characteristic do you despise?

Hypocrisy

12. Favorite item of clothing?

The white leather jacket I bought in Montreal.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?

Again, the list is long: Australia, New Zealand, Shanghai, Colorado, Alaska, Iceland, South Africa, Patagonia. Places I’d like to go back to: Utah, Hawaii, Norway, Berlin.

14. Favorite brand of clothing?

Whatever’s a bargain.

15. Where would you retire to?

Perhaps California?

16. What was your most memorable meal?

My friend Bosse invited us over to his place and served us moose. Moose is generally very good, but this was absolutely fantastic. I’ve never had meat so good.

17. Favorite sports to watch?

I hardly get the time to watch sports anymore, but I do enjoy a little synchronized swimming, gymnastics, and ice skating. I used to watch tennis and American football.

18. What is your favorite holiday or special occasion?

Halloween

19. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Baking Christmas cookies.

20. When is your birthday?

January 18, 1969

21. Are you a morning person or a night person?

Neither. I like to sleep.

22. What is your shoe size?

8 ½

23. Pets?

2 black cats

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?

I’ll be going to Hong Kong and China in February.

25. What did you want to be when you were little?

A nuclear physicist.

26. How are you today?

Fine, but a bit chilly.

27. What is your favorite candy?

Dark chocolate

28. What is your favorite flower?

Tulips

29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to?

December 12, leaving for vacation in California.

30. What is your favorite pastime?

Photography

31. What are you listening to right now?

My cat purring on my lap.

32. What was the last thing you ate?

Cream of wheat for breakfast.

33. Do you wish on stars

no

34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

teal

35. How is the weather right now?

Cloudy and cold (37 F/3 C); luckily it’s not rainy or windy.

36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today?

It’s not every day that I talk on the phone at all, but today I did arrange a play date for my daughter.

37. Favorite soft drink?

Cream soda

38. Favorite restaurant?

Here in Sweden there’s not so much to choose from, but Sjöbo Gästis is pretty good. In San Diego, Lorna’s (Italian), Carino’s (pizza), Emerald (dim sum). Chains: Outback Steakhouse, Cheesecake Factory, Soupplantation.

39. Real hair color?

What you see is what you get: dark brown.

40. What was your favorite toy as a child?

Legos

41. Summer or winter?

Summer in Sweden, Winter in California.

42. Hugs or kisses?

Both

43. Chocolate or Vanilla?

Chocolate!

44. Coffee or tea?

Tea

45. Do you want your friends to email you back?

Sure

46. When was the last time you cried?

I don’t remember exactly, but probably within the past few days watching something on TV. It doesn’t take much.

47. What is under your bed?

My keyboard, and probably a fair amount of dust.

48. What did you do last night?

Watched an episode of Bones on TV and updated my blog.

49. What are you afraid of?

I have an irrational fear of dinosaurs.

50. Salty or sweet?

both

51. How many keys on your key ring?

2 (1 car, 1 house), no point in carrying the rest of them.

52. How many years at your current job?

2 years doing wedding and special occasion photography.

53. Favorite day of the week?

I don’t really have one since I really like my work.

54. How many places have you lived?

Counting each area only once: Fountain Valley (CA), Zurich (Switzerland), Taitzung (Taiwan), San Diego (CA), Lövestad (Sweden) = 5

55. Do you make friends easily?

Not really.

No comments: