Friday, April 3, 2009

A day of firsts

Today was the first time this year that I went out without wearing long underwear or a coat. Unlike the teenager I saw in shorts and a t-shirt, I had a turtleneck and a wool sweater, but still, that's amazing progress for me. Today I also swatted the first fly of the season. We finished dinner considerably before sunset, so all three of us piled on the ATV and went for a ride in the forest. It was some nice family time.

On a note completely unrelated to spring, I did my first load of laundry in my new washing machine. It completed it's task in only one hour (half the time of the old one, even when it was working properly), and the clothes appear to be clean. This machine also has a "steam" function that I'm looking forward to trying.

2 comments:

Maestro said...

Ain't technology grand?

Solvej said...

Good for you!

What would you like us to bring for Saturday? Shops are closed Thursday and Friday, but we can buy something Saturday, just let me know.