Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring is here! (I hope...)

The vernal equinox was two weeks ago, but until this week, spring was just teasing with a few hours at a time. Last Sunday, we lost an hour and reset the clocks for summer time. It also sleeted. But on Monday, the sun broke through. Monday evening at 5:15 I drove my daughter to her gymnastics class as I've done every Monday since January. It's been interesting to see it get lighter and lighter over the last month or so. One week I'm admiring nice twilight colors, the next a beautiful sunset. This week it was like mid-afternoon when we left the house, and for the first time, it was still light after class. In fact, as I drove this rather scenic road, the orange rays of sunset highlighted the distinctly green hues of the fields that for so long had been brown.

Now after a week of wonderfully sunny days and frosty nights, green is now the dominant color on the ground. This morning there were four deer in the back yard, probably eating my newly-sprouted daffodils.

I've had a lot to do to get ready for my annual Easter exhibit, and I'm hoping that the nice weather will last. A year ago, the exhibit was a disaster, not only for me but for most of the artists who didn't have their exhibits directly it the bigger towns on along the major roads. There was about a foot of snow here, but it blew into rather impressive drifts. Here are some pictures from last Easter.

No comments: