Thursday, May 7, 2009

movie review

It's been forever wince I've been to the movies, yet I do occasionally see a new movie anyhow, and sometimes I do that without being on an airplane. Recently I saw two surprisingly good movies and one dud. The dud was The Accidental Husband starring Uma Thurman. It was a light romantic comedy, which I usually like, but this one was so predictable that it was uncomfortable to watch. The other two movies were not predictable at all.

First was Flawless starring Demi Moore as a diamond thief. For a movie about a heist, it was surprisingly slow paced, yet it was not at all dull. I think Demi Moore was excellent as the only female executive in a 1950s man's world. I won't reveal the plot--you'll have to see it to find out.

I also saw Gran Torino, and it was totally not what I expected for a Clint Eastwood movie named after a car. For example, there were no chase scenes. Clint Eastwood plays a newly widowed Korean War veteran bitter about everything, especially his southeast asian neighbors. Again, I won't reveal the plot, but I was pleasantly surprised and really liked it.

1 comment:

Solvej said...

Sounds good with the Clint movie, I am sure Christian would want to see that too.