Saturday, October 10, 2009

A miracle worker

My husband just got home from a week in Korea. I guess that was exciting for him even though he was at a conference most of the time. I would love to be able to travel like that.

In case people were concerned about us freezing here, we finally got the radiator system hooked up again last weekend, so we're doing okay.

My last few weeks have been busy with a lot of little things. I've had an assignment to take a few pictures at a local library--they have a new computer with a business database, and they need pictures for a brochure. I've been taking care of the pictures from the wedding I photographed in September. It also seems like all of my wedding customers from earlier this summer have suddenly decided that they need to get on the ball and order their enlargements and such.

I've also done some pictures for women from my local businesswomen's network. I expected these to be quick and easy jobs, and most were. One woman clearly mistook "a little retouching" for working miracles and expected me to be able to remove 30 years worth of not wearing sunscreen. Not wanting a dissatisfied customer, I got myself a book on Photoshop and went to work. I spent a total of about 2-3 hours per picture for 8 pictures. Here's a couple of before and after shots.



No comments: