Thursday, December 17, 2009

I just couldn't help myself

I've been totally swamped since I got back from Berlin, but I have tons of pictures and every intention of blogging about it. Today I took a break from everything else I have to do to take some pictures. The sun came out, and with the snow it was so pretty. I just couldn't resist. So here are some pictures. (If you notice the low angle of the sun, that's how it is this far north. These pictures were taken at noon!)

It's the first real snow of the season which started yesterday after several days of teasing with a powered sugar dusting then wet stuff that melted nearly as fast as it fell. I love the snow, and needless to say, my daughter does too. This morning I was reminded about the down side of snow. It took me about 20 minutes to excavate and break into my car. I eventually got the passenger side door opened, and Lina and I climbed in from there. She had to climb again to get out when we got to school. I'd estimate we have about 6 inches of snow, but it's been blowing around, so some areas are nearly bare, and others are a couple of feet deep. You need to keep your speed up to drive through the drifts, but it results in a very satisfying cloud of snow!

No comments: