Thursday, January 21, 2010

Florida, day 3: Grandma!

vMy mother and her husband came to Florida to visit with us. They're staying with my step-sister, so we went to see them. It took about 45 minutes for me to drive there. We spent a nice day visiting and shopping. My mom had promised to take my daughter shoe shopping, so we went to Target and a nice mall. My daughter got a nice pair of Sketchers, and my mom found great deals on two pairs of shoes. My feet are a very common size, so I was not surprised that they did not have anything I wanted in my size.

My daughter also got to go swimming with her cousin at the community pool. There were other people around, but nobody else was in the water. As we left, someone asked if we were from Norway since nobody else would be swimming at this time of year. They were shocked to learn that we really were from Sweden.

My step-sister and her husband are both vets, and she had to work that day. In the afternoon she got a dog with an intestinal blockage who needed surgery. Her husband went in to back her up, just in case of complications, but everything went well, and we all met for Chinese food for dinner.

No comments: