Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Blog

Today I created a new blog for the purpose of showing photos and marketing my photography. It's not pretty, but at least I got it to link to my regular website and display large photographs. (The size of the photographs is one of the things that have frustrated me with this blog.) Hopefully I will eventually figure out how to make it more attractive. I've been told that a blog is a great asset and supplement to a regular website. If it's done right, it's easily found by search engines and thus an excellent marketing tool.

I will keep using this blog, as I have, to share my personal thoughts and activities.

On my mind these days is our upcoming trip to Florida. We leave next Saturday, all three of us. For the first week my husband will be at a meeting in Miami, so my daughter and I will have time to explore. My mom and her husband will come to Miami to meet us there. It will be nice to see them since we didn't see them for Christmas. The second week the three of will have our first family vacation together that isn't all about visiting relatives. We're looking forward to seeing the Everglades and the Keys.

So from here in our snowy winter wonderland, I've been surfing up hotels and activities in sunny and warm south Florida. If anyone's been to this area, tips would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Solvej said...

How nice of your Mom to come join you. I wish I could do the same :-)

We visited the childrens museum in Miami, and Carl liked that, but we didn't spend much time in Miami, but drove around a lot. we also did the boat tour, but it was nothing but sailing around vhile they pointed out celebrities houses, and most of them I had never heard of!

I hope you will have a great time in Florida. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Btw. Please say "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU" to Erik, i love using all my "new" knifes :-)