Thursday, October 9, 2008

Montreal Day 10

For our last day in Montreal, we slept in, went out for a leisurely breakfast, then returned to the hotel to pack. We had to check out by 1 PM, but we didn’t need to leave for the airport until 5, so we stashed out bags and went for a walk. The guys were not interested in going to Biodome to see the Madagascar exhibit and lemurs, and since it wasn’t raining, I went with them.

A lot of walking, a lot of window shopping, some photos, and eventually a mid-afternoon meal. The guys were in the mood for pizza, and we found a rather classy looking pizza place with a very interesting menu. I had a Mexican chicken wrap, and it was great.

With nothing much better to do, we decided to head off to the airport a little early and to try to get better seats. At the airport, everyone was forced to use the automated check in machines. Several of the machines were not working properly, and quite a few people were getting very frustrated. There was nobody around to help until someone started yelling (even then, the guy didn’t actually help. It took me three tries, but I did get it to work eventually. I had reserved a window seat, but I was not surprised to find that they’d put me in the center seat of the center section. If there’s turbulence, I need to be able to look out the window or I’ll get sick. Luckily, I was able to change to the seat next to my husband, only one from the window.

The flight was uneventful. It was a bit late taking off because they had to fish off the bags of a no-show, but we were able to make up much of the time by the time we got to Frankfurt. We had more than enough time to hang out in Frankfurt, but we were a bit frustrated by the lack of seating. There was no seating that was not dedicated to one of the restaurants. We eventually found a McDonalds and McCafe with some open tables, so we ordered a little and sat there.

We were good and tired by the time we got home, but it was a good kind of tired after a fantastic trip.

No comments: