Saturday, June 6, 2009

been a while

I know it's been a while since I've had time to blog. Time flies. We're now about half way through a three week visit from my mom and her husband. They've been having a great time playing with their granddaughter after school and on weekends. Right now they're on a mini vacation to Båstad, but they're coming back this afternoon.

Anyone who's seen my house knows that we don't have anyplace to put guests, so they've rented a house in the town where my daughter goes to school. This works out quite well. They have room to spread out, they aren't plagued by my cats, and they can walk to the grocery store and school.

I photographed an all day wedding last Saturday, and I'm doing another wedding next Saturday. I've been struggling to get as much as possible done on the first before I have to start working on the second. Luckily couple #2 will be taking a honeymoon, so I'll have that time to get caught up.

Tomorrow is Election Day here--yup on a Sunday. We're supposed to vote on which parties will represent Sweden in the EU. I read the newspaper every day, but I feel like I have very little information on what the parties want to accomplish in the EU. I know what they're about here in Sweden, but what gets decided at an EU level? I don't even know what the issues are. The only party which has done a good job explaining their position is the Pirate party. (That would be copyright pirates, internet style, named after the famous Swedish website for sharing movies and music, Pirate Bay.) Polling says they're likely to gain representation in the EU even though they're a one-issue party. That doesn't surprise me.

I suppose I'd better stop blogging and go try to get informed.

1 comment:

solvej said...

Hi there,

Hope everything is fine. When is your mother leaving?